Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Temburong

I went to Temburong this afternoon with two of my senior managers. For me a visit to this district is part of my job because as a manager of a department which have branches all over the country I have to visit my branch manager there at least once a month just to make sure everything is in order.

If we ask our family or our close friend whether they have visited the district or not, chances are that most of them admit that they have not done so. They can proudly say that they have visited the likes of Singapore, KL or far places such us the UK and the US but they never ever been to Temburong, even my other half have never been to Temburong and if it is not because of the nature of my job, I may be joining her and most of the Bruneians out there.

We were unlucky that Limbang was forced or should I say tricked into surrendering it to the British by the Rajah of Sarawak a few hundred years ago. If not, all four district will be connected by land, and Temburong is no longer be an isolated place for most of us Bruneians. I'm interested to know what will happen with Temburong in 20 years time. At this moment I see it as a quiet place, lacking the progress that the other three district had been receiving throughout the years.

During my time at ITB I did made this idea of linking Temburong with Brunei Muara district via a series of long bridges as a first option or an underground tunnel, such as the one linking England and France, as my presentation paper during one of my English class. Since that time we were graded on our english language and not on accuracy, I did not made a thorough research on it whether it is feasible or not. However with the current advancement in technologies and modern machinery nothing is impossible as long as we have the money and resources. I guess we have to use all the 4 billion dollars that had been allocated by the government to be use in the financial year 2007/2008 but then how about other projects? No wonder we can't afford it! Are there any sponsors out there?

0 Comments:

© free template 3 columns